Sorry everyone, I know you have all greatly missed reading about us. Dry your eyes, WE RETURN! Let me start off by sharing our huge news which most of you probably already know. We are having a baby boy! Hooray!! We cannot wait to bring him into our home and are VERY excited and happy for this new stage of life. This news may help some of you (especially women) understand my lack of motivation for pretty much everything, including updating our blog. Some of my good friends have inspired me to get back to blogging to keep them posted, so here we are!
I haven't taken any real profile pictures since we've been pregnant so last night I finally had Bradley take a couple so we can document this joyful pregnancy. (Only slight sarcasm there. :) This is me at 5 1/2 months. I am so happy to be at the second half of the pregnancy. Those of you that know me well know how much I dislike winter, but this year it can't come quick enough! I am just counting down the days until Halloween... and then Thanksgiving ...Christmas... and then it will be no time before we have this sweet baby. Can't wait! A few weeks ago we had our big Anatomy ultrasound and I'm happy to report that this baby appears to be a healthy boy, and quite active! We continue to pray and have faith that all will go well as he keeps growing.
One thing that I'm pretty concerned about is the Swine Flu. I watch a lot of news and I keep hearing that pregnant women are number 1 on the list to get the new vaccine because of the risks involved in pregnant women and their unborn child. Honestly I am a little hesitant about getting this vaccine as it has hardly been tested. After doing some research I have learned that there are a lot of natural ways to keep my body healthy and protected from the Swine flu or other illnesses. If anyone has some good information they would like to send our way, we are more than open to it! It may sound crazy or irresponsible that I'd be skeptical about this vaccine but I just want to do what's best for my health and the baby's health. I promise to be better at updating the blog and letting everyone know how all of that is going. :)
I haven't taken any real profile pictures since we've been pregnant so last night I finally had Bradley take a couple so we can document this joyful pregnancy. (Only slight sarcasm there. :) This is me at 5 1/2 months. I am so happy to be at the second half of the pregnancy. Those of you that know me well know how much I dislike winter, but this year it can't come quick enough! I am just counting down the days until Halloween... and then Thanksgiving ...Christmas... and then it will be no time before we have this sweet baby. Can't wait! A few weeks ago we had our big Anatomy ultrasound and I'm happy to report that this baby appears to be a healthy boy, and quite active! We continue to pray and have faith that all will go well as he keeps growing.One thing that I'm pretty concerned about is the Swine Flu. I watch a lot of news and I keep hearing that pregnant women are number 1 on the list to get the new vaccine because of the risks involved in pregnant women and their unborn child. Honestly I am a little hesitant about getting this vaccine as it has hardly been tested. After doing some research I have learned that there are a lot of natural ways to keep my body healthy and protected from the Swine flu or other illnesses. If anyone has some good information they would like to send our way, we are more than open to it! It may sound crazy or irresponsible that I'd be skeptical about this vaccine but I just want to do what's best for my health and the baby's health. I promise to be better at updating the blog and letting everyone know how all of that is going. :)

In other news, let me give an update on Bradley. Some of you know that he broke his hand about a month and a half ago playing basketball. It was bad enough that he had to have surgery and since then has been slowly recovering. Unfortunately he has lost some movement in his hand and works really hard at therapy so that he can gain as much movement back as possible. A plate was put in his hand temporarily to help the bone grow together normally again. That plate should be taken out in the next few months and at that time they will be able to cut away much of the scar tissue that has attached to his tendon preventing full movement of his fingers and hand. We are really hoping that all goes well there and that his therapy can continue to help. In the mean time he is really missing basketball, a weekly tradition he has been involved in since high school. But I keep reminding me how lucky he is to spend more time with me. :)
Brad continues to work hard at work and around the house always improving things and making life easy and enjoyable. He is currently looking for other job options as the family business continues to suffer in this economy and we have a baby coming and my full time job coming to an end. I know he feels a lot of pressure and responsibility and we are hoping and praying that he can find something that he enjoys and can learn from while we wait for things to pick up.
Brad continues to work hard at work and around the house always improving things and making life easy and enjoyable. He is currently looking for other job options as the family business continues to suffer in this economy and we have a baby coming and my full time job coming to an end. I know he feels a lot of pressure and responsibility and we are hoping and praying that he can find something that he enjoys and can learn from while we wait for things to pick up.



7 comments:
Dear Kim,
You are a liar. Much love
Megan
NO I wouldn't just leave a comment like that:) You said you were huge and you are tiny...(hence the liar name calling:) you look so so so soooo cute!!!!! I'm jealous! Cute little prego mama:) I'm so happy for you and bradly! What a blessing:)
ps you hairs look so cute!!!! Jealous again:( ho hum.
KIM!! Yay! I loved your post...it was a perfect recap. You are gorgeous! Pregnancy looks GREAT on you. Own it! I love your long hair and green shirt in the second picture as well. Thanks for the updates! It's hard being in different states so it's nice to check up on you guys! Love you!!
You are adorable! So glad for the update. I hope Brad continues to recover and that you find a good work opportunity for him soon. I miss ya tons. Let me know if you need that getaway to Vegas!
Congrats on your baby boy! I am so happy for you both. I'm trying to get Jon in the mood for a little one, I know it will be a huge adjustment, but I'm ready to start seriously thinking about that step in our future. I'm really happy for you both, I can't wait to see him when he gets here.
Love-Hollie
So in my opinion you're arching your back and sticking your tummy out to make it look like you have one! Can't wait to see you Saturday :)
Kim! I so didn't know you were even pregnant! When are you due? That is so exciting! I'm pregnant too and due in March. We don't know what we're having yet. Anyway, people have told me to stay away from the swine flu vaccine (not sure why) and just get the regular flu shot. That's what I plan on. I too am skeptical, so I don't blame you. Well, some day we're going to have to do some catching up. Love ya!
Post a Comment