Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jesus Once of Humble Birth





“As the Christmas season envelopes us with all its glory, may we, as did the Wise Men, seek a bright, particular star to guide us to our Christmas opportunity in service of our fellowmen. May we all make the journey to Bethlehem in spirit, taking with us a tender, caring heart as our gift to the Savior.” — President Thomas S. Monson
I, like most people love Christmas time! I love the feeling in the air of happiness and excitement as well as peace and joy as Christmas day approaches. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for Jesus Christ who came to earth to live a perfect life and then atone for our sins and die for each one of us. How thankful I am to know that He lives again and loves me and wants me to return to Him. I am humbled at the life our Savior. One of His teachings that has been on my mind a lot during this holiday season is that of service. In the book of Acts, chapter 10, verse 38, it is said of Jesus that He 'went about doing good.' Jesus taught us how to do good: love our neighbors, forgive others, care for the poor, the needy, the afflicted, the lonely. And he did this for everyone, not judging them first and picking certain people who he felt deserved it. He served everyone and he taught us to serve. What better way to become more like Christ than to act as He acted and seek to have His spirit guide us each day. I am thankful again for my Savior and how much His life has blessed me and continues to bless me each day.
"God be thanked for the gift of His divine Son"

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Kim abd Brad! I found your blog on Paiges and I had to sneak a peak! I am so glad you guys joined the blogging world...it is fun to keep in touch! You guys look so cute as always! I added you guys to my blog (hope that is ok!) Keep in touch!

-Erin

Sweet Video